This exciting role is one of 5 key management positions at our Resort, and encompasses varying responsibilities based on seasons through the year.
During the winter ski months, the F&B Manager operates the three Food & Beverage Outlets located in our ski lodge, which are a cafeteria (7 days a week), a pub (5 days a week) and a stunning mountain top café.
During spring, summer and fall, the F&B Manager operates the front of house component of the Resort’s Banquets business and a small beach house grill. Banquets are primarily weekend weddings, midweek corporate retreats and periodic catering to offsite venues. The beach grill operates June to August and is also the point of sale and customer service for the 9-hole golf course and paddle boat rentals.
Through the full year, the F&B Manager oversees Canthooks’ front of house, the Resort’s 50 seat restaurant. Canthooks’ lead server is responsible for day to day front of house operations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Food & Beverage leadership including both Outlets and Banquets, the ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple facets of the Division simultaneously.
- Understands the importance and impact of F&B on the overall success of the Resort
- Uses applications and measurement to control food, liquor, wine & beer inventory and costs
- Schedules staff within budgeted labour costs (measured as a percent of revenue)
- Ensure all F&B points of sale are cashed out and sales receipts balanced daily
- Follow and reinforce all Resort standards, policies, and procedures.
- Duty manager shifts and responsibilities (shared with other managers).
- Sets a positive example for guest relations
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Ensures servers understand expectations and parameters
- Strives to improve service performance, emphasizes continuous improvement
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with servers
Lead Server Teams
- Leads shifts and actively participates in serving guests during peak times or as required
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff
Human Resources Activities
- Observes team behaviors and provides feedback
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans